503B Compounding Pharmacies
Understanding 503B Outsourcing Compounding
Belmar Pharma Solutions’ 503B outsourcing compounding pharmacy is a facility regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and produces sterile hormone pellets in bulk quantities and distributes them directly to prescribers. After years of pellet compounding at Belmar Pharmacy, we felt that the next step in improving our process and product would be to voluntarily adopt the FDA’s drug manufacturing rules for sterile outsourcing facilities. We opened Belmar Select Outsourcing as a 503B facility in January 2016.
What is 503B Outsourcing Compounding?
Outsourcing compounding pharmacies, also called 503B facilities by the FDA, manufacture large batches of medications without prescriptions to be sold to doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals, and other health facilities for office use.
Belmar has two kinds of facilities — a 503A compounding pharmacy and a 503B FDA-registered outsourcing facility. The 503A facility is our traditional compounding pharmacy, where we make individualized formulations, following a compounding prescription that you write for a specific patient. Our 503B pharmacy specializes in providing quality hormone pellet implants that we ship directly to your office.
What 503B Medications Does Belmar Offer?
Belmar compound manufactures hormone pellet implants in estradiol, testosterone, testosterone with cholesterol, progesterone, and anastrozole.
Hormone pellet therapy can be used to treat many of the conditions addressed by bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, including:
- General menopause symptoms
- Loss of bone density
- Sexual dysfunction in men and women
- Muscle and strength loss due to declining hormones
- Hormonal-based mood disorders
- Breast cancer
- Other hormone-related conditions such as infertility, PMS, obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, migraine headaches, PTSD, thyroid health, metabolic syndrome, and Parkinson’s
Pellet implants deliver bioidentical hormones in a way that’s similar to the body’s natural delivery system. In a simple, quick office procedure, you can use a trocar to insert the prescribed number of rice-grain-sized pellets under a patient’s skin near the hip. The pellets will release steady small amounts of hormone directly into the bloodstream for several months.
Belmar’s Focus on Quality
We believe we have the highest level of quality standards of any compounding pharmacy in the U.S. Every one of us cares about the safety of our medications and the health of your patients.
Our pellets are sterilized using advanced sterilization techniques, uniquely suited for this dosage form. Every batch is tested for potency and endotoxins.
We comply strictly with all the regulatory standards for 503B sterile facilities. As a registered outsourcing facility, we:
- Comply with Food and Drug Administration-enforced current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) requirements, similar to those required of major drug manufacturers
- Meet other FDA requirements, such as providing full information on our compounded products
- Are subject to FDA inspection
- Comply with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), which oversees controlled substances used in compounded preparations
We have our own policies that exceed even these industry standards. Our ingredients and compounds are tested and retested, randomly and continuously, by an independent lab, all the way from sourcing through distribution.
Why Should You Use Belmar for Your Bulk Pellet Orders?
As a national compounding pharmacy with 503B experience and significant investment in state-of-the-art manufacturing and clean room facilities, we offer:
- Carefully enforced high-quality standards
- Treatments for a range of health and wellness issues
- Batch size flexibility
- Dosing recommendations based on patient’s age, build, lab results, medical history
- Fast turnaround on orders
- No contracts required
- Disposable or reusable trocars available with your pellet order
- Licensing in and shipment to 40 states
- Expert-level clinical education and consultation resources
- Free educational webinars
- Patient education to help your patients understand and take full advantage of the treatments you prescribe
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Complimentary Dosing Calculator
- Inventory Management Assistance
- A team of Solutions Engineers to support your practice
New Account Application Forms
These forms must be filled out and submitted before we start accepting orders from your clinic.
We provide a formulary and lots more information targeted to clinicians on our website. Through our strategic partnership with the Hormonal Health Institute, you can have access to personalized training and self-study programs on hormone therapy and pellet therapy. You can also set up a one-on-one consultation with our clinical experts to get answers to any questions.
If you are a patient looking for more information on the benefits of compounding and compounded medications, check out our medication solutions pages to get started. Then have a talk with your doctor about whether compounding can help you become healthier or just keep the great health you have.
Contact Belmar Pharma Solutions
If you’re a patient, we’re here to help you fill prescriptions or provide you the information you need to work with your doctor to help decide if a compounded prescription might be a good treatment for you.
Prescribers, for a complete formulary or access to our clinical resources fill out the form below and one of our Solutions Engineers will be in touch shortly. If you are new to compounding, you may also find our page on How to Write a Compounding Prescription helpful.
Thank you for reaching out. A member of our team is reviewing your message and will reach out as soon as possible. In the meantime, below are a few links, including our formulary, that we think you might find helpful:Formulary