How to Write a Compounded Prescription
Compounded Prescriptions Tailored to Your Patient
Compounding gives providers the flexibility to meet individual medical needs. Our customizable approach to pharmaceuticals allows us to concentrate creams to maximize ease of administration and create oral dosage forms with combinations of active ingredients not available commercially. Patients sensitive to fillers will have options with the potential to accommodate a wide range of allergies.
For a compounded prescription, the following information is required:
- Patient Info – First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Cell Phone Number, Email, Known Drug Allergies and Patient Identifier (in applicable states – i.e., Driver’s License, SS#, Passport #) and
- Prescription Information – Date, Drug(s), Dose, Dosage Form, Directions indicating the frequency of use and the route of administration, Quantity, and Refills and
- Prescriber Information– First Name, Last Name, Practice Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, NPI #, State License Number # and DEA Registration, State Controlled Substance Registration (where applicable).
- Prescriber Signature – Please provide an authentic pen-to-paper prescriber signature for all controlled substances. Stamps and faxed electronic signatures faxed in are not considered valid by the DEA. Submitting controlled substances via EPCS-certified software is preferable.
How To Send a Prescription
Call our Toll-Free Phone number 800.525.9473 and click 3 to speak with a pharmacist or leave a voicemail.
Fax our Toll-Free number 866.415.2923. If there is any missing information, we will contact you back via fax asking for specific content.
We use a secure 2-factor authentication that is compatible with most systems. Just search for Belmar Pharmacy and our connection information should populate.
How to Send In a Pellet Order
- Call – Call BSO directly 877.267.3410
It is recommended to place bulk orders to save on shipping costs and plan accordingly to avoid oversized orders and expired pellets. We cannot return, exchange or replace expired pellets. Your Solutions Engineer can provide you with an analytical forecast of your ordering process to stay organized. We are an extension of your practice and here to help you with inventory management.
Belmar pellets have a 360-day shelf life from the date they were compound manufactured. If a lot is within 30 days of expiration, we will not send it out without notifying you first. If you are placing a large order, you may call and speak with our BSO Support Team to check lot expirations.
For more information or help writing a compounded prescription, contact us.Contact Us
Online Ordering Portal
Belmar Pharmacy now offers physicians free, secure online access to our electronic prescription management system. Here are some of the benefits of the prescriber portal:
- User-friendly prescribing toolsp for swift, straightforward ordering
- View real-time order statuses as your patient’s prescription moves through the pharmacy
- Easy refill entry – completion takes seconds!
- Access to patient order tracking linked directly to the shipping courier for quick delivery confirmation
- Personalized medication lists customizable to your practice
Belmar Patients can easily process refills and manage medications through the online patient portal. Our Portal allows patients to:
- Request Refills Online
- Receive Text and/or Email Notifications
- Receive Prescription Updates
- Track Shipping
Contact Belmar Pharma Solutions
If you’re a patient, we’re here to help you fill prescriptions or provide you the information you need to work with your doctor to help decide if a compounded prescription might be a good treatment for you.
Prescribers, for a complete formulary or access to our clinical resources fill out the form below and one of our Solutions Engineers will be in touch shortly. If you are new to compounding, you may also find our page on How to Write a Compounding Prescription helpful.
Thank you for reaching out. A member of our team is reviewing your message and will reach out as soon as possible. In the meantime, below are a few links, including our formulary, that we think you might find helpful:Formulary