How to Write a Compounded Prescription
Compounded Prescriptions Tailored to Your Patient's Needs
For a compounded prescription, we need the following information: Compounded prescriptions are tailored for your patients’ individual needs. For a compounded prescription, we need the following information:
- Prescriber Info – First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone, and Fax. NPI and DEA.
- Patient Info – First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and Cell Phone Number/Email
- Complete Prescription Information – Drug, Dose, Dosage Form, Directions, Quantity, and Refills.
- Cream Preparations – We are happy to do the math per application; just indicate the dose and we will calculate the concentration.
- Prescriber Signature – Please provide an authentic prescriber signature for all controlled substances. Stamps and electronic signatures faxed in are not considered valid by the DEA.
States requiring electronic prescribing for all prescriptions: New York, Iowa as of 1/1/2020, Florida as of 7/1/2020.
Daily Supply Limits
We are bound to state laws, and this can sometimes limit the days supply we can send to your patients. The following are some restrictions with what we can ship:
- Maximum 30 days supply on all topical preparations.
- 14 days on all water-based solutions (non-preserved).
- Maximum 150 days supply on all compounds due to beyond use dating.
- 90 days on suppositories and troches.
How To Send a Prescription
Call our Toll-Free Phone number 800.525.9473 and click 3 to speak with a pharmacist or leave a voicemail.
Fax our Toll-Free number 866.415.2923. If there is any missing information, we will contact you back via fax asking for specific content.
We use a secure 2-factor authentication that is compatible with most systems. Just search for Belmar Pharmacy and our connection information should populate.
How to Send In a Pellet Order
- Email (preferred) – Email your electronically fillable order form to your Solutions Engineer or to [email protected]
- Fax – Fax to BSO directly 877.267.3409
- Call – Call BSO directly 877.267.3410
Download our Pellet Order Form to your computer for future use.
It is recommended to place bulk orders to save on shipping costs and plan accordingly to avoid oversized orders and expired pellets. We cannot return, exchange or replace expired pellets. Your Solutions Engineer can provide you with an analytical forecast of your ordering process to stay organized. We are an extension of your practice and here to help you with inventory management.
Belmar pellets have a 360-day shelf life from the date they were compound manufactured. If a lot is within 30 days of expiration, we will not send it out without notifying you first. If you are placing a large order, you may call and speak with our BSO Support Team to check lot expirations.
For more information or help writing a compounded prescription, contact us.Contact Us
Online Ordering Portal
Belmar Pharmacy now offers physicians free, secure online access to our electronic prescription management system. Here are some of the benefits of the prescriber portal:
- User-friendly prescribing toolsp for swift, straightforward ordering
- View real-time order statuses as your patient’s prescription moves through the pharmacy
- Easy refill entry – completion takes seconds!
- Access to patient order tracking linked directly to the shipping courier for quick delivery confirmation
- Personalized medication lists customizable to your practice
Belmar Patients can easily process refills and manage medications through the online patient portal. Our Portal allows patients to:
- Request Refills Online
- Receive Text and/or Email Notifications
- Receive Prescription Updates
- Track Shipping
Contact Belmar Pharma Solutions
If you’re a patient, we’re here to help you fill prescriptions or provide you the information you need to work with your doctor to help decide if a compounded prescription might be a good treatment for you.
Prescribers, for a complete formulary or access to our clinical resources fill out the form below and one of our Solutions Engineers will be in touch shortly. If you are new to compounding, you may also find our page on How to Write a Compounding Prescription helpful.
Thank you for reaching out. A member of our team is reviewing your message and will reach out as soon as possible. In the meantime, below are a few links, including our formulary, that we think you might find helpful:Formulary