Testosterone Therapy For Men: What Are The Benefits?
December 15, 2021
Testosterone levels usually reach their highest point during teenage years and early adulthood. As men age, testosterone levels gradually decline. In older men, low testosterone levels can be age-related or a symptom of andropause.
Andropause refers to an age-related decline in male hormone levels where older men start to notice symptoms such as a decrease in bone mass, increase in central body fat, low sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, reduced sexual satisfaction, loss of body hair, mood swings, depression, fatigue, delayed ejaculation, and decrease in muscle mass and strength.
Testosterone therapy is indicated for men with low testosterone levels and symptoms and signs of andropause. Andropause hinders the ability of the body to produce normal amounts of testosterone due to a problem with the testicles or with the pituitary gland that controls the testicles. Testosterone therapy can help reverse the effects of andropause.
Benefits of Testosterone Therapy
Many men that underwent testosterone therapy have reported benefits such as:
• Sex drive: Low testosterone can cause erectile dysfunction, problems with orgasm, and lack of desire. Testosterone therapy can help men to get their sexual performance back on track.
• Energy level: Hormonal imbalance can cause men to feel more fatigued. Testosterone therapy helps to restore energy levels and provides men with a greater sense of well-being.
• Lean muscle mass: Testosterone increases neurotransmitters, which encourage tissue growth. Testosterone therapy helps in the reduction of fat mass and boost lean muscle mass.
• Weight loss: With an increase in energy level and greater lean muscle mass, men generally are able to lose weight too.
• Boost mood: Low testosterone levels can cause mood swings, irritability, memory loss, anxiety, and depression. After testosterone therapy, men frequently feel happy, motivated, and enjoy their lives again.
• Healthier lifestyle: Testosterone therapy can improve symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, eczema, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.
There are different types of testosterone therapies like tablets, injections, transdermal systems, oral, pellets, and buccal testosterone. Talk with your doctor to find out which form of testosterone therapy is best for you.