Belmar compounds several kinds of tablets based on the type of medication to be delivered, preferred speed of absorption, or other patient needs.
Compressed tablets are one of the simplest and easiest ways for patients to take their medications. We compound them with one or multiple medication ingredients, in a variety of combinations. In addition to the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), tablets may be compounded with binders to keep the tablet together, lubricants to make them easier to swallow, and flavorants to make them more palatable to patients. Tablet-delivered medications enter the bloodstream from the stomach or bowel.
Oral tablet advantages:
- Compounded in a large variety of dosages
- Appropriate for patients of all ages
- Easy for most patients to take without help
- Can be scored for easy dose titration
- Conveniently portable
- Can be compounded to disguise unpleasant-tasting medications
BLA Oral Tablets
Belmar’s unique BLA™️ tablet is a proprietary oil blend tablet that offers the convenience of receiving bioidentical hormones in a solid dosage form. The BLA tablet is swallowed like a traditional tablet. This delivery system is designed to offer better bioavailability by presenting micronized hormones to the lymphatic system.
BLA oral tablet advantages:
- Multiple hormones can be combined into a single tablet
- Convenient once-a-day dosing
- Scored tablets that can be split for easy dose titration
- Long beyond-use dates
- Lactose, gluten, sugar, peanut-, dye-, and corn-free
- No waxy feel like troches
- No special shipping requirements
Our fast-burst sublingual tablets are scored tablets that dissolve quickly under your tongue. The active pharmaceutical ingredients are designed to absorbed through the mucosa in the mouth delivering the drug into the blood stream.
Fast-burst sublingual tablet advantages:
- Scored for easy dose titration
- Can titrate quickly based on clinical response
- Multiple hormones can be combined into one tablet
- Rapid onset of the medication
- Have a natural citrus flavor
- Lactose-, gluten-, sugar-, peanut-, dye-, and corn-free
- Long beyond-use dates (6 months)
- Easy to take
- No special shipping requirements
Belmar sublingual tablets have several advantages over troches. Troches use polyethylene glycol as their base, which may cause irritation to patients’ gums. More and more patients are trying to avoid polyethylene glycol due to sensitivities Also, unlike troches, sublingual tablets do not melt if they get hot and there are no special shipping requirements.
How to Get Started
If you’re a clinician interested in prescribing compound medications to your patients, visit our Treatment Options page to find a formulary and learn more about all the medication solutions available from Belmar or contact us for more information on how to access all of our clinical resources.
Contact Belmar Pharma Solutions
If you’re a patient, we’re here to help you fill prescriptions or provide you with the information you need to work with your doctor to help decide if a compounded prescription might be a good treatment for you.
Prescribers, for a complete formulary or access to our clinical resources, fill out the form below.
If you are new to compounding, you may also find our page on How to Write a Compounding Prescription helpful.
Thank you for reaching out. A member of our team is reviewing your message and will reach out as soon as possible. In the meantime, below are a few links, including our formulary, that we think you might find helpful:Formulary